Who Can Stay the Lord's Hand?

I find it amazing, though I probably shouldn't by now, how the Lord moves in very precise and coordinated ways. I awoke this morning with my parents' family on my mind, which is something that has been happening often lately. Quickly my thoughts about them turned into much stronger impressions—spiritual impressions. I've spent the morning pondering these feelings and impressions and trying to do my best to follow what it is the Spirit wants me to do. It's definitely not as easy as I used to think it was on the mission. Doing what Father wants and coordinating it with the agency of those it affects is a delicate process at times, but nevertheless an essential part of the learning.

The interesting part was when I called my mom to ask if I could meet up with her and my dad after lunch to talk. She informed me of some of the struggles going on in the household right now and it confirmed my impressions. That made me feel much more sure of my need to be supporting my family and move forward with the things I've felt.

I wish I had more time right now to go into what is on my mind, but there is still too much to do with sooooo little time. I'm just in awe at what happens when time and energy are spent caring about people and trying to do everything possible to make a difference in their lives. The plan really is about people.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I love reading what you're thinking about. You'll have to let me know how it all turns out! I love you, lots and lots :).
Oh, and I changed the size and color of the font on my blog. You'll have to look at it and tell me what you think - you know, in your professional opinion :D.

Jenny said...

Amen, it's amazing how the Lord can so quietly play a role in our lives and intricately design it where we need to be

Melinda said...

welcome to the blogging world JR!!